dance

dance
music. food. love. life.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crock Pot Tuesday

Today is Tuesday and that means I made another yummy meal in the crock pot.  Every Tuesday I wake up at 4:10AM and go to work at the coffee shop.  Work until about 11AM and come home for a couple hours and just enough time to throw stuff in the crock pot and run off to my other job.

Lately I've been doing variations of the same meal but my husband said this was the best yet.  Here's what I did:  

Ingredients:  1 large bag baby carrots
                     1 large bag frozen broccoli 
                     4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
                     1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
                     1/2 a large onion
                     1 clove garlic
                     kosher salt, pepper & other choices of seasoning (basil?)

First make sure chicken is defrosted.  Dump bag of baby carrots into crock pot.  Cut up 1/2 an onion (however you like it, big or small pieces) and sprinkle on top of carrots.  Salt & pepper the chicken breasts and lie on top of carrot and onion mixture.  Cover with frozen broccoli.  Pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth and add seasonings to taste, today I did salt, pepper and basil.

Turn on low heat for about 7 hours.

Come home from work and enjoy!  I am still tweaking this meal, today there was a lot of water at the bottom (probably from the frozen broccoli) so it made the broccoli a little soggy but the chicken and carrots were perfect.  The chicken just falls apart, MMM!  So next time I will probably either get fresh broccoli or not add the chicken broth.



The picture didn't turn out looking as appetizing, but I assure you it was delicious ^_^

Hope you all have a nice night, I'm exhausted.  

xoxo
Kels.

No comments:

Post a Comment