dance

dance
music. food. love. life.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese


So I found this recipe and wanted to tackle it because 1. it's easy and 2. the only mac and cheese I have ever made has been out of a box, and that powdered cheese always creeps me out.  So when I came home from my Saturday job I walked through the door, into my kitchen and went right back to work.  It takes a few hours to cook but it's worth the wait.

Macaroni & Cheese

Prep Time: 30 min.
Cooking Time 2-3 hours
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-quart

Ingredients:
8-oz. pkg. dry macaroni, cooked
2 Tbsp. oil
13-oz. can evaporated milk (fat-free will work)
2 cups milk
1 tsp. salt
3 cups (about 1/2 lb.) shredded cheese: cheddar, American, Velveeta, ,or a combination
2-4 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. onion, chopped fine (I opted out of this)

After cooking and draining your pasta, toss macaroni with oil into your slow cooker.  Stir in remaining ingredients.

Cover.  Cook on Low 2-3 hours.  Now go take a nap and wake up to a yummy smelling home.  At this point, if desired, you can add cut up hot dogs, and cook 1 hour longer

This makes a lot of mac & cheese, perfect for leftovers :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment